[TCML] line feed/generator feed neutral/grnd ?

Hey all...

got 2 questions... probably not truly coil related but I know someone here has the answer!

I have an opportunity to run a coil on generator power and have a question about the pre-existing hookup of generator to house wiring. As is, the line voltage ( 240 single phase) can be cut out by pulling a "disconnect" ( basically a unfused connector) from box #1 and it is placed into box #2 ( basically it disconnects line voltage from load (both hots line voltage) and reconnects both hots from generator to load. Here is the problem... the neutral from generator is connected to the "line supply" neutral AND the generators ground is connected to the ground of the "line supply".

Do I need to have the system totally independent from line supply ( both hots and neutral/ground) or will the neutral connection as is cause a problem?? Will the common connect points of the generator neutral and ground cause any "feedback" into the line supply??

hope my description was clear enuf ;)

Scot D