Re: [TCML] Primary tubing

Hi Rob,

No problem. Refrigeration tubing is the kind you want, and it's fine for your coil. You can use it with no problems with your proposed power source and at significantly higher power levels in the future. Just make sure you use at least a 1/4" air gap between adjacent turns. I used similar tubing on a 10" coil with two 15/60's with no problem whatsoever.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured

stamsund wrote:
Fellow coilers,

Some time ago ordered some 1/2 inch copper tubing on e-bay which I
incorrectly assumed was 1/2inch plumbing tubing.  It was actually
refrigeration tubing.   I just gauged it and found it is actually
only 3/8 inch O.D. not 1/2 Inch as advertised.  I'm building an 8
inch coil with (2) 12KV 60ma NSTs for a total of 120 MA.  Would the
3/8 OD tubing be adequate for the primary or should I go larger?