From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of stamsund
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 8:44 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Primary tubing

Bert and Garry,

Thanks for the quick response. I let out a sigh of relief on this one as I bought a roll of 100 feet. My next coil will be a 12 inch with (2) 15KV 60ma NSTs, so I might still be ok with the 3/8 inch tubing. If not I have a

source for 70 feet of dirty 3/8 water tubing (1/2 inch od) which I could clean up and anneal if need be.

Rob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bert Hickman" <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:05 AM

Hi Rob,

No problem. Refrigeration tubing is the kind you want, and it's fine for your coil. You can use it with no problems with your proposed power source

and at significantly higher power levels in the future. Just make sure you

use at least a 1/4" air gap between adjacent turns. I used similar tubing on a 10" coil with two 15/60's with no problem whatsoever.

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, Lichtenberg Figures (our "Captured

stamsund wrote:
Fellow coilers,

Some time ago ordered some 1/2 inch copper tubing on e-bay which I
incorrectly assumed was 1/2inch plumbing tubing.  It was actually
refrigeration tubing.   I just gauged it and found it is actually
only 3/8 inch O.D. not 1/2 Inch as advertised.  I'm building an 8
inch coil with (2) 12KV 60ma NSTs for a total of 120 MA.  Would the
3/8 OD tubing be adequate for the primary or should I go larger?