Re: [TCML] SRSG new video - feedback welcome

Hey Stephen...

first thing I noticed is that you are getting a "pulsing" effect ... should be a consistant 120Hz buzz. Second thing I noticed is that half way thru the video, the appearance of "light" ( sparks?? arcing??) occurs near the cap bank ( im guessing cap bank, the plate off to the left under the coil base). Are you using a variac to ramp up the voltage??
Check for arcing problems in the cap area.
Seems that you are geting a 6-8Hz pulse on the rotory, I would get a strobe of some type and check to make sure the rotory is definately spinning at the 1800rpm( 60hz) or 1500 rpm (50hz). The pulsing effect is normally consistant with a rotory that isnt running at 1800/1500 rpm. Before I went to sync rotory, I used a standard 1760 rpm motor and had the same pulsing effect on the BIGPIG coil but it was a bit slower on the pulsing effect.

Scot D

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fkv9HdMF2yk

This is another video of our attempts at setting the phase of our SRSG.
It's getting better, but still a little bumpy.

Are we close? Or is there something else wrong with gap spacing etc...?

Thanks
Steve and Pete