From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx on behalf of bunnykiller
Sent: Fri 8/29/2008 3:00 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] SRSG new video - feedback welcome

Hey Stephen...

first thing I noticed is that you are getting a "pulsing" effect ...
should be a consistant 120Hz buzz.  Second thing I noticed is that half
way thru the video, the appearance of "light" ( sparks?? arcing??)
occurs near the cap bank ( im guessing cap bank, the plate off to the
left under the coil base). Are you using a variac to ramp up the voltage??
Check for arcing problems in the cap area.
Seems that you are geting a 6-8Hz pulse on the rotory, I would get a
strobe of some type and check to make sure the rotory is definately
spinning at the 1800rpm( 60hz) or 1500 rpm (50hz). The pulsing effect is
normally consistant with a rotory that isnt running at 1800/1500 rpm.
Before I went to sync rotory, I used a standard 1760 rpm motor and had
the same pulsing effect on the BIGPIG coil but it was a bit slower on
the pulsing effect.

Scot D