[TCML] VTTC Tuning

My VTTC that I've been building saw first light yesterday.  It's quite nice
to have a coil I can run in my apartment :)  So far I'm able to get about
18" sparks in continuously.

I have a few questions regarding the tuning:

Will changing the number of turns on the grid coil do anything for me?
I'm fairly certian arcs to the feedback coil are a sign of bad tuning, is
this true?  If so do I need to add or remove turns?

I built my coil following Steve Ward's single 833A schematic with a few
modifications.  Most importantly I'm using a Penta Labs 833C (the one that
was recently listed on ebay).  I'm also running two huge MOTs in series for
~8kV out of the doubler circuit.