Re: [TCML] Tesla Patent , coil connected to antenna

If you really want a cheap CW transmitter that won't broadcast on a huge
band, there are some projects here:
http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/qrpprojs.html

I don't know what your parts availability is like in Turkey, but the parts
used are reasonably basic. A few transistors and some coils you can wind
yourself make up the bulk of the parts.

Yes, early CW transmitters were based on Tesla type spark-gap coils.
However, they are amazingly noisy and wasteful power wise. They are also
likely to be significantly more expensive to build than the simple rigs I
pointed you to. There are many very good reasons we don't build CW
transmitters that way these days. It's also likely that modern narrowband
receivers will not receive your signal as it will be too wide.

Not to mention, using such a device on an amateur band is likely to irritate
a lot of them. They can and will track your signal, and if using such
devices is not legal in your country, expect a visit from the authorities.
If I were to do what you propose here in the USA, I would get a visit from
the FCC. Fines and loss of my radio license would be the result, if I'm
lucky. All this does is make it more likely that Tesla coils will be banned
or regulated. And being involved in another regulated hobby (high power
rocketry), we really don't want that for coiling. If you really want to go
old school with CW, build a vacuum tube based transmitter and a crystal
receiver.

Travis Tabbal - KB7SEI