Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Most likely, "2 x 7.5 kV"  means it is two different transformers  in one
case. I'm not sure why an OBIT would have two separate transformers,  unless it
was meant for a dual burner system. I just can't see an oil burner  ignition
needing 15 kV.

How many high voltage wires does it have? Have you tried sparking the wires
to each other or to the case? If it is two 7.5 kV end grounded transformers in
 one case, they are probably in phase and couldn't be used for 15 kV, but
might  be paralleled for double the current.

Tony Greer

In a message dated 12/6/2008 5:14:19 P.M. Central  Standard Time,