Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] IGBT CM600 max current ?

Chris,
   My last OLTC ran a CM300 in the 600-800A range for a number of years
w/o any issues. So I would assume you could abuse a CM600 to 1.2KA in TC
duty with no problems. I assume the 1.4KA on the PDF is their pulse
rating if ,so 1.5-1.6KA is probably the area I would go for.

I don't think that they are as resilient as a smaller die IGBT due to
localised heating. I know with some smaller devices you can run to 2x
the pulse rating with no issues.

All of the above assumes a very small mark/space ratio of course..

   Cheers
      Derek

Chris Swinson wrote:
Hi all,

Does anyone have any results for the max current the CM600 will be
happy with ? some people seem to run IGBT at mugh higher than rated
current. Says 1.4KA on the PDF. Wondering if anyone has any lucking
running them at a higher current before I blow big bucks on blowing
them up!  also going to try running 2 in parallel for more current..
tricky but hopefully it will take the current stress off a single IGBT
a little...

Chris