From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 9:12 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] magnifier efficiency

Hi John,

You do bring up something that I had passively considered
in the past about my coil. I am forced to run it outdoors and
there usually is always at least a bit of wind currents. Obvious-
ly, wind currents are very slight indoors. Depending on the volume of the indoor space in which the coil is operated,  the air can also begin to accumulate ions, which can make for20a possibly lower breakdown voltage of the air, too. Kevin El-  drege in Oklahoma, is also forced to run his massive Biggg Coil outdoors, too, though, and his coil gives incredibly long arcs (25 ft.+). Of course, he also has a huge 24" x 10 ft. long secondary coil and an equally huge topload. I think he is also running it with an SRSG, but is obviously not LTR with a total primary C of about .18 uFd, if I'm not mistaken.  And - let's not forget that Kevin has PLENTY of raw power at his disposal, too - something on the order of 55 kVA, but I still wonder how he processes that much power if he is limiting his bps rate to a synchronous 120 or even 240 bps  when his primary C is "only" .18 uFd ? Maybe Kevin could further clarify if he is reading this :^)

David

----- Original Message ----- From: <futuret@xxxxxxx>