[TCML] What's up with Copper Prices?

I visited a London-based financial news site.  It said copper prices have collapsed worldwide.  It's gotten so bad that copper miners are being laid off in droves.  Mines are being mothballed due to reduced demand and low prices.  So how come this hasn't filtered down to our hobby?  Copper magnet wire, THHN hookup wire, copper strap, ribbon, and braid, and copper tubing is still sky high.  When will us starving hobbyist see rational copper prices?  If anyone is in the metals or scrap/salvage trades, electrical trade, or dabbles in commodities trading, please share any insider knowledge.  Impoverished coilers want to know!  This is only tangetially on-topic, so I'll take any replies off-list.

Seasons Greetings!

Gregory R. Hunter