RE: [TCML] First TC firing

The amount of RF that your xfmr is exposed to is less if you swap the positions of your main gap and the cap.  Performance is the same, but placing the main gap across the xfmr effectively shorts out most of the RF energy from going back to the xfmr.

If you are using plastic coke bottles, they're not likely to last very long :-(

You give no specifics (a few turns, don't know exact gauge, vague copper vase topload...)  that would allow one to calculate if you are properly tuned, so I'll leave that to you.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA