Re: [TCML] What's up with Copper Prices?

It has drastically affected scrap prices in steel, copper, and aluminum, to the point that recyclers are looking for government help (bailout). It has also made it through the system to new cable pricing, at least in the size we deal with at work. I suspect that for the small sizes of small gauge wire we deal with may take a little longer, as the stock moves more slowly. Bottom line, there is a glut of scrap and a severe drop in demand, so prices will have to fall, though they will do so grudgingly.

Adam