From: bartb <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 8:57 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] magnifier efficiency

John,

I thought you ran your testing of which the formula was derived at 120 bps? I agree that higher bps may also meet the formula's prediction (may not, may exceed), but I thought the formula itself was derived with 120 bps operation. Is this not correct?

Take care,
Bart

futuret@xxxxxxx wrote:

Bart,

My formula does not specify 120 bps. For small coils, 120 bps is >
needed to
obtain adequate efficiency, but for larger coils, the bps can often
be
higher at 400 to 600 bps, etc. and still meet the formula's >
"predictions".

Large coils tend to be more efficient anyway in the sense that >
transformers
and maybe other components become more efficient when they're larger.
The lower frequencies that large coils usually run at may help also.

John