RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

Fair enough,Thanks for correcting me then. Gareth

-----Original Message-----
From: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2008/12/11 15:05
Subject: Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

In a message dated 12/10/08 9:38:22 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Gary.Lau@xxxxxx writes:

>>and remember to readjust your primary tap point
>>  because the inductance will also effect the way the gap  fires.
>
>Changing just the gap geometry would NOT affect the  primary tuning.  And,
the inductance or tuning >does NOT affect the  "way" the gap fires.

    Changing the overall primary inductance changes the  primary current.
which could have a sizable effect on the primary gap's behavior  and quenching.
    Typical primary tap tuning also affects the  coupling to the secondary
slightly as well, which can also affect the gap  quenching.

    Other than that, I agree with your comments  regarding Gareth's advice.

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities