Re: [TCML] Re: IGBT CM600 max current ?

Gary,

In another post I see that your Tesla Coil is a quite different animal than the one I use. Yours is a CW oscillator type. In my opinion, it does not make sence to speak about BPS with a coil like this, unless you pulse it.

Mine is of the disruptive type, I`d say it is an ordinary tesla coil, only, the spark gap has been replaced with a CM600 brick. Since the brick only holds off 1200V max., the capacitor has to be as big as possible, to get a decent bang, and this has been made so, by using a 2 turn primary, wound inside the secondary.
The resonant frequency is around 50kHz.

In my first post to you, I suggested that you could only acheive up to 2500 BPS, because the coil rings around 5-10 cycles at Fres, and after the cap has to be recharged also, so all in all, there is not time available to get any higher.

Unfortunately, the broken links are so forever.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

Gary Peterson skrev:
. . . In the triggered BRISG [BRIck siSG], I have done up to 1260 BPS, but
I rarely exceed 300BPS because I like the streamers best at that BPS.
Cheers, Finn Hammer

I'm interested to learn, what is the operating frequency of your Tesla coil?

Also, can you provide functional links to replace those broken ones
appearing in your 18 Nov 2006 message to the TCML with the subject line "Ye
good OL BRISG Tesla Coil" ?