RE: [TCML] Running a TC in snow

Qoute - Gary Lau:

"Does lightning has an effect on global warming? But it's not like
there's anything we can do to increase or decrease lightning, so it
seems like a mute point.

But back to Tesla coils - I'm
pretty sure that the secondary discharge also creates a significant
portion of the ozone and NOx emissions. And please be clear - ozone
created down here in no way helps the environment or replenishes the
depleted ozone layer in the stratosphere. It's simply bad for you."

Does the ozone in our portion of the atmosphere decay? Is there a reason it doesn't help to replenish the ozone layer in the stratosphere?