[TCML] Second cabinet for HP Pot Trans

Hello All,

Ok, I'm going to experiment with my 8"x36" coil. It has a 32x8" toroid and a
lower 4"x10" corona ring. I have a suitable cabinet to mount the 14.4KV 5KVA
PT  near the RF ground rods (not NEMA approved, but who does?). I would
ground the cabinet solely with the RF ground and bring a shielded RF
grounded x-ray cable with a screw in federal connector through a suitable
length of schedule 40 PVC to the spark gap and tie the RF ground to the
inner turn and coil base. The web shows the cable capacitance btw core and
shield @ ~42pf per foot. So at 30ft we have .00126 nF ! which is actually
higher than RG213 @ ~36pf /ft. If this proves problematic as in blumline
perhaps an opposite amount of air core XL.

The control 280V  (2) wire feed  will go well around the strike distance.
With this setup I can run with or without a strike ring, or a dual isolated
feed to the primary with 2 HV cables. I think there should be a gap across
my General Atomics Cap(s) or is a safety across the ASRG preferred or both?
I will run .1uf tank cap or I could run 2 in parallel for .05uf and test
with lower power.

The control cabinet will be of the same design at mains ground sans PT. It
will take awhile to finish the cabinets as the weather has turned bad.

If all goes well, I'll hook up the 12" coil.

Jim Mora

Ojai, Ca.