[TCML] Hello. New Coiler needs advice.

Hello All,

   I'm an EE Student looking for a unique hobby, and coiling seems to fit me
perfectly.

I've been reading all I can find online for the last few weeks, including
many of the posts to this list.
I'm starting to come up with designs for my first coil using a 15/30 NST I
got used from a local sign shop.
Javatc says I need a LTR cap of 8nF for my tank. My plan is to use 5 wine
bottle caps at a value of 1.55 - 1.62 nF each.
Is there a good way to put a bleeder across caps like this?

Also, I'm a little fuzzy on the design of my spark gap.  playing with javatc
for a bit, I came up with this:
Static Spark Gap Inputs:
8 = Number of Electrodes
1 [inch] = Electrode Diameter
0.28 [inch] = Total Gap Spacing

Static Spark Gap Outputs:
0.04 [inch] = Gap Spacing Between Each Electrode
21213 [peak volts] = Charging Voltage
20390 [peak volts] = Arc Voltage
34333 [volts] = Voltage Gradient at Electrode
72822 [volts/inch] = Arc Voltage per unit
96.1 [%] = Percent Cp Charged When Gap Fires
10.312 [ms] = Time To Arc Voltage
97 [BPS] = Breaks Per Second
1.66 [joules] = Effective Cap Energy
0 [peak volts] = Terminal Voltage
161 [power] = Energy Across Gap
31.9 [inch] = Static Gap Spark Length (using energy equation)

is it a good idea to have my arc voltage this close to Vpeak or should I
close the gap a bit more?
I figure if I set my safty gap just a little higher than .28"/2 for each
side to ground I should be good.

for my primary I plan to use

Primary Coil Inputs:
7.5 = Radius 1
13.5 = Radius 2
0 = Height 1
0 = Height 2
12.5 = Turns
0.25 = Wire Diameter
0.008 = Primary Cap (uF)

with a 6" by 30" secondary winding, altough I have yet to get some magnet
wire.

Thanks,
Ron