Re: [TCML] Was Primary Grounding now RF gnd Center ball safety gap

Hi Phillip,

Yes, I know what you mean. On my 4.5"D coil the primary is covered with plexiglas. Because the NST current is rather large (modified), strikes do find targets. With the plexiglass, the primary itself is not the target, but everything else is. I keep my NST, TF, caps, etc.. all under the coil on this one. So they all get hit from time to time. So far no problems encountered, but it's just a matter of time before I'm once again fixing the NST. It's an open frame cabinet which is the real problem and needs to be enclosed.

Regards,
Bart

Phillip Slawinski wrote:
Bart,

Thanks for the clarification, I get it now.  It would be interesting to see
how effective this might be.  I just prefer to keep the streamers from
heading toward the the primary.

-Phillip