Re: [TCML] Electrical Engineering Textbook

Anthony Etersque wrote:
Can anyone please recommend a good electrical engineering textbook?
I've searched online through so many textbook catalogs, but none seem
to have a general textbook on EE; they all seem to be books focused
on specialized fields. Thank you

"electrical" engineering or "electronics"..

For classic electrical engineering (as in power and machines (aka motors and generators), I think the best introductory text out there is by Wildi. Not too mind bending or detailed on the math, it has good examples, practical details, etc. If you want a good introduction to power factor, transmission and distribution and why motors do what they do (beyond the physics class explanations), as well as stuff on inverters, transformers and inductors, and so forth, it's a great text.

For electronics.. a bit tougher.. I grew up with it (my dad's an EE prof and had more textbooks lying around than you can imagine) so I don't know what a good introductory text is. The ARRL radio amateur's handbook has some stuff, but isn't going to lead you through learning how to bias a BJT amplifier. See what your local community college is using as a text in their intro to electronics class as a start. If nothing else, you'll be able to pick up a cheap used copy.

Kind of depends, too, on whether you want a basic theory text (Kirchoff's laws, circuit theory, etc) or more of a practically oriented cookbook, here's how to design and build an amplifier.

Jim