Re: [TCML] Oscilloscope Tuning

Phil Tuck wrote:
I then tried Antonio's method of placing a 1.5 ohm resistor across the gap
and connecting the signal genny in parallel to it running at 1Khz square
wave output. The secondary and top load were connected and back in place,
whilst the NST and Terry were disconnected. The scope was placed across the
primary coil.

The resultant trace can be seen here:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/follies/temp/scope.jpg

It looks like it may be correct as I can see what I presume to be the
ringdown, but I remember seeing a scope trace somewhere else on the web
where the abrupt sharp Y axis rises that I have, were replaced with  more
gradual 'ringup' shapes, so I wondered what anyone else on here thought.
You have to expand the time axis to see the transients immediately after the transitions of the
square wave, and tune the system so complete beats are seen.
Over the primary coil:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/vc1910.jpg
From a probe close to the secondary terminal (anywhere, actually):
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/vc2910.jpg