Re: [TCML] First ever Pig SISG.... inadvertently

With SISG you definitely DO NOT want to use a filter cap on the rectifier
output ---- this will disrupt the pps timing and mess everything up.  Just
run it straight into the rectifier and feed your tank cap which acts as
its own filter, sort of.

Dr. Resonance

> Mark and Phil,
>      I don't know anything about SISG, but if I understand Phil's setup
> he has no filter cap on his rectifier.  Would that not lead to phasing
> problems if he got his bps around 120, just like a sync AC gap, or does
> something else come into play that causes that to be a moot factor (or
> does he have a filter cap and I misunderstood, or does a filter cap make
> no difference).  Also do you need a charging choke for an SISG coil?
> Please excuse my ignorance!
>
> Scott Bogard.
>
> Mark R Dunn wrote:
>> Phil:
>>
>> That was fast.
>> Nice Work!
>> Amazing how loud the streamers alone are.
>> I always thought the spark gap was the majority of the noise until I ran
>> with the SISG.
>> I do believe you are the first to use SISG with a Pig - or at least the
>> first to report it.
>> Now add to the cap value and get the BPS down to improve the
>> performance.
>> Optimal BPS is 120 for the SISG on 60 Hz power.
>>
>> Mark

Dr. Resonance