From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of mark olson
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:29 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] cap strings

Hello group,

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to connecting caps as paralleled
groups of
series strings or seriesed groups of parallel.

It occurred to me that value wise it makes no difference, but if the series
strings in parallel
are modified such that the terminations between each individual cap are
connected to the
corresponding terminations in the other strings the cluster has effectively
become parallel
groups in series.

It seems that these jumpers would even out the load, make the bank more
robust and decrease
the number of bleeders required.

Sincerely,
Marko