Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil Problem: Capacitors?

Hi Scott

That NST is solid state, stated output is 6kV at 30mA at 34kHz, 10kV at 30mA
at 32kHz. It is not intended to be used for anything other than a luminous
gas tube. You might be able to use it for a Tesla coil if you rectify the
output, but otherwise it will never charge a capacitor like a 60Hz coil and
core unit. A single string of 12 1N4007 diodes inserted in series with one of
the output leads should tell the tale.

later
deano