Re: [TCML] comment about new coilers

From what I could see Scott did everything right except for the type of transformer and parallel/ series wording wrong.
When he hit a roadblock, he asked for help!

Miles, I read your comments to mean we should all waste money and screw up, that is the only way to learn.
That is a great attitude to stop coilers and prevent accidents!
Yes, experience is a great teacher, but the purpose of teaching is to help folks learn from your mistakes so they do not make costly or perhaps even fatal ones.

By your reasoning, we should give beginners a can of gasoline, a dead NST and tell them to un-pot it! After they burn themselves or blow up a space, then we will tell them what they did wrong!

Reading a post like yours makes folks think they have to buy the wrong components, burn things out or wind things wrong and after they do that, then we will help!

Kind of narrow minded is not it?

Frank