Re: [TCML] Sphere Topload Coil, RQ single blown gap

Hi Jim,

the spark gap on my coil is actually quite similar, but I haven't gotten
great performance out of my coil as of yet.  I used two 1/8" tungsten
carbide dremel bits for the electrodes which are epoxied into some brass
plumbing nipples.  The plumbing nipples have 1/4" male threads on the other
end which are screwed into 1/4" female pieces which are mounted on a piece
of scrap lexan.  this allows for the gap to be fine tuned from 0-1/2".  it's
quenched with a vacuum cleaner motor with a plastic hose attached to one
end.  it's pretty cool to watch the white plasma get sucked into the clear
hose!  The gap shows very little signs of wear and hardly gets above ambient
temperature during 1-2 minute runs.  It was quite easy to put together and
everything you need can be found at a local hardware store.  If anyone wants
pictures just send me an email because I doubt I did a very good job
describing it.

Drake Schutt