Re: [TCML] Gaps

Hi David,

Browning due to UV takes some time to develop, but yes that occurs. I wasn't saying that UV is not the a cause of browning. I was simply pointing out that if the tubes run really hot, they'll cook the tube. You wouldn't allow that to happen anyway as the sparks would be dismal. Sounds like you have a nice air system.

Bart

David Rieben wrote:
Bart,

I sure hope that you are correct about the browning
being from overheating and not from UV exposure.
It was in one of my previous stationary gap designs
from several years ago that I noticed this "browning"
of the PVC. I can't seem to remember a lot about the details of the construction but I do remember the PVC
browning and even starting to flash over. I had assumed
that it was due to UV exposure but it could have been
just due to overheating of the electrodes that were in contact with the PVC. I'm just guessing on the CFM of
my cooling fan on my current design. It's a Comair Rotron
"Tarzan" 59 watt, 120 volt,  6", electric fan, but I can't lo-
cate a CFM rating on it. It seems to move a good deal of airflow, though.

David