[TCML] using smaller caps

Hello All,
Is it okay to run a coil with a cap of low capacitance? I am using a 15kv 450va supply and JAVATC says a 5.5nf cap will resonate and a 7.4nf cap would be ideal. I have a cap made from tin foil covering overhead transparency sheets which I do not know the capacitance of. I assume it is quite low, and I know it is good at 30kv. Will running the coil with this small cap risk damaging the nst? I assume the streamers will be much shorter in length, but it is a small coil (3.5 inch diameter), and I just want to demonstrate the concept to a friend. Also, I am considering building a party cup cap with HDPE disposable party cups and foil. Does anyone have experience with this or a formula for calculating the capacitance of this type of cap?

Thanks,
Clive

--
Clive Hansen