Re: Strange Blue Glows Re: [TCML] Energy accumulation on TC.

Old radio tubes when the upper part of glass is covered with alum foil and
energized around 40-50 kV will produce X-rays that are harmful.

Usually at 10-15 kV the X-rays do not have enough energy to travel thru
the glass.  At 20 kV and above be very careful.  You may end up with
malformed kids in the future!!  Very dangerous especially since you can
not usually "feel" the damage being done to chromosomes.

Dr. Resonance

> I have seen it too.  I had an old light bulb (clear) and would glow green
> when energised.  The glass would glow a faint green for a few minutes
> afterwards.  In this case it was probably due to X-rays.  One neat thing
> when energised was the magnified image of the broken filiment on the
> glass.
> The filiment would dance around and the image would move also, but you
> could
> make out the coil of the filiment in the image.  I should try some X-ray
> pics with that bulb.
>
> David E Weiss
>

>> FWIW, a coupla weeks ago I stuck a used ~400 Watt  HPS bulb up on the
>> toroid
>> and ran arcs through it for several minutes.  Afterwards everybody
>> noticed
>> that the arc tube glowed a faint blue/violet for a  coupla minutes
>> afterward.
>>
>> -Phil LaBudde

Dr. Resonance