RE: [TCML] USB-powered Tesla Coil for Data Transmission

A "giant step in the right direction" towards what?  A modulated Tesla coil operating at any frequency that TC's use can't hope to compete with the bandwidth attained by garden variety wireless routers operating at 2.4GHz.  I think the broadcast range of routers is limited by FCC requirements, not the underlying technology.  Besides enshrining the name "Tesla", what is it you seek to achieve?

Gary Lau
MA, USA