RE: [TCML] New Toroid size-- coming soon

Hi John,

I am tuning my 4" "table top" teaching demo coil. Its present incarnation is
disruptive. It all assembles from scratch pretty quickly and the components
are stenciled on the lower deck for training purposes. I have one of your
classic 6"x1.75 toroids on top; but, I don't think it fits the coil well for
shielding purposes. I am going to experiment with an eight 8" gazing ball on
top of the torrus.

I'm all set up to test the secondary res freq. But my freq counter needs
attention - always something...first light will be this weekend though. I
think an 8" toroid would better fit the bill.

What has been your experience with the smaller toriod and 4" diameter coils?

Have you got any of the new ones turned out and how much are they?

Thanks Much,
Jim Mora

I'll post a couple pics to the list, once I get it tuned up. The seconadary
came out nice and glassy as it is on acrylic form and coated well with very
clear poly.