From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Phillip Strauss
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 11:03 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Re: Stacked Toroids

Hi all,
This subject has been discussed some years ago but I wonder if there might
be some new insight,
I would like to maximize the total capacitance of two stacked spun Al
toroids, one 24"x8" (26.5pF) and a 34.5"x8" (37.8pF) unit.
I intend to use a spacer to separate the toroids but what would be an
optimum length and diameter of the spacer to extract max capacitance in
total,
The secondary diameter is 12.4" and winding at 4.3 to 1 H/D.,
Any suggestions much appreciated,
Phillip.

_

72 Tinwell Road, Stamford, Lincs PE9 2SD

Tel: 01780 753008