Re: [TCML] Coil forms, any good?

Got it - thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lau, Gary <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 7:13 pm
Subject: RE: [TCML] Coil forms, any good?

If the pipe were 100% PVC, there would be no problems.  But with either thin or
thick wall PVC, one runs a small risk of there being a spec of conductive
flotsam just beneath the outer surface that could cause a short between the
potential of a few turns.  If you stick a light bulb inside a piece of thin wall
pipe you may see this.

But I've used nothing but PVC pipe and never had a problem.  For the majority of
us that pay for pipe, PVC is the only economical choice.  I don't know if thin
or thick walls alter the risk of conductive flotsam.  I was able to do the light
bulb thing on a piece of very thin-wall 4" SDR pipe, but I've not seen 6" pipe
thin enough to be translucent.  Odds are it will be just fine.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

It