RE: [TCML] Poly thickness

with a 'tight' wound coil,..is a coating really helping much?  The windings are touching...

     it would make more sense in a space wound coil ? , where the coating could really build up between windings ?

       I run a tight wound 4" coil now (#26 ) , i was thinkin' of winding a 6" form with the same wire,.   but was toying of
  winding an 8" form , with the #26 , only 'space' winding it ,.....would a space wound 8"  perform about the same as the close wound 6" , only with the added benefit of higher breakdown voltage between turns ??   heck, I dunno !!!!> From: Sfxneon@xxxxxxx> Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:48:40 -0400> Subject: Re: [TCML] Poly thickness> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> CC: > > Jay,> > As long as there is enough sealer to fill in all the spaces between the > turns, it should be sufficient. The main goal is to eliminate any air between the > windings and fill in all the voids. There's enough potential to cause any > air between the turns to ionize and greatly increase the chance of puncturing > the enamel coating on the wire.