[TCML] Secondary Troubles

I set up my TC today to 'play'.  I think I made a big mistake.  I
accidentally had the ungrounded low voltage lead from the secondary inside
the coil form.  To make a long story short my secondary PVC form now has
some nice tree-like black tracks on the inside of it.  The TC still works,
and puts out streamers to about three and a half feet or more.

Is there a way to clean up these tracks?  Should I just abandon that
secondary and wind a new one?  I've got plenty of wire and plenty of PVC.
Should I stop coiling for making such a stupid mistake?