Re: [TCML] Secondary Troubles

Hey Phillip...

once upon a time long long ago in a galaxy far away it was common practice to run the wire inside the form. But thru the modern invention of Email, we learned that it doesnt work too well. Get some 120 grit paper and sand as well as you can to remove the carbon and coat with some type of poly urethane.. Should reduce the tendancy to arc in the tube....

dont give up learning is full of mistakes especially when you are learning on your own...

Scot D"

I've managed to clean up very deep tracks in a shellacked cardboard secondary form [don't shudder, works just fine] by using a round rasp to dig out all the burned stuff, followed by a wire brush. Sand over the rough spots and, in my case, more shellac and all has been well for years. Another case where I had wire inside the form that wasn't necessary.

Ed