Re: [TCML] Power Factor Correction

Javatc is giving a basic calculation for PFC based on the transformers specs. This is only a ball park number. You must experiment to find the PFC that works best for your coil. Does you coil have a variac control, external current limiting, etc.. etc.. Experiment is the only way to find the "good" value for your coil.

Take care,
Bart

Phillip Slawinski wrote:
I just scored 20 GE Dielektrol VI caps 10uF at 370V AC @ $0.10/piece.  These
should be good for PF caps.  I'm wondering what size PFC cap I should use
for a 15/120 NST.  I've noticed that the value suggested in JavaTC for a
15/60 seems to be twice that of what others [notably Gary Lau] use.