Re: [TCML] Power Factor Correction

Phillip Slawinski wrote:
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Lau, Gary <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx> wrote:

There's the problem!  The PFC cap(s) must be wired in PARALLEL with the NST
primary.

D'oh!

 Placing it in series can only reduce the primary current.

Not necessarily...

Odd, I wonder why it would have boosted the current so much at larger
values?  Could it have saturated the shunts?

Placing your PFC cap in series created a series resonant LC circuit. This caused your NST primary current to dramatically increase. Your NST primary was likely beginning to saturate as the effective input voltage across the the NST's primary rapidly climbed...

Bert