Re: [TCML] Strike Rail Hits Was: Stacking vs Large Diameter

Hi Mike,

Actually, .035" is pretty thick. It's the same ribbon used on Wysock's GTO coil if I remember correctly. No, I have no concerns with the ribbon current carrying ability. It's certainly up to par and near an equivalent 3/8" copper tubing.

As far as calculations, I have used Javatc to attain the required inductance. The inductance of the flat ribbon I can calculate. So I will build to calculation and then measure for verification. No big deal there.

Take care,
Bart