RE: AW: [TCML] COUNTERPOISE

Hi Matt,

Is it certain that eddy current losses would result if a solid counterpoise is used, or is it merely adequate to use spokes rather than a solid sheet?  I ask because I once did an experiment to gauge eddy current losses by measuring the ringdown time of an uncoupled primary coil (no secondary present).  The presence of a big NST more than about a foot below the primary had a negligible impact, so the magnetic field diminishes very quickly with distance.  I didn't try a large sheet so it may indeed have a loss, don't know for sure.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA