Re: [TCML] Primary selfC

Hey Chris...

first off I dont know of any formulas..but I am interested in why the coil is 22" dia. and 4 turns at 1 mm apart?? What application is this being used for? Or... is this a question from an EE exam ;)~ ...
Scot D

Chris Swinson wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to work out , or know of an online calculator for crunching primary Self Capacitance ?

I know its not normally needed to know these values, though my tank cap is 3nF in my High Q design, and now my primary will be 4 turns of 2" wide strap separated about 1mm apart.. the dia is about 22" so its a fair length and it could add up to a few hundred pF which is a real problem.. so I need to know the values...

Cheers,
Chris