[TCML] New Coiler in Georgia

Well I've been lurking and reading for awhile now, finally making my first post into the TCML.  I have lots
 of questions but I'll start with a short introduction.  I've wanted to build a Tesla for a long time.  Way back
in college a friend gave me a neon sign transformer.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I had
it and stored it out in the shed for 10 years.  A Halloween party came along so I built a Jacobs ladder and
simple plasma ball with a car ignition and light bulb.  I dressed as a evil doctor and everyone thought it was
great!  So being a normal geek, I have to step it up a notch.  Slowly reading, watching, and running
JAVATC through many "what-if's".  Finally I bought a secondary off of eBay, then some caps.  The
remainder of "the gathering" (parts gathering) happened throughout the house.  I'm a collector, but at least
an organized collector.  Variac, PVC, 1/4" copper, wire of various gauges, and a mixing bowl stolen from
the kitchen.  My home built CNC was put to work on the primary coil mounts.  One evening I realized I
actually had all the parts and might be able to put together a test run.  I knew nearing nothing of tuning but
it fired right up.  That first night I got 3" sparks and "Oh's and Ah's" from the wife ... but she still wanted her
mixing bowl back!

I've run my little coil another two dozen times or so, and each time I seem to learn more about tweaking it.
I read an article about tuning with a 'scope and signal generator, now I'm able to make changes and still
nearly hit the tuning when moving outside.  This coil maybe nearly complete and ready to show friends, but
I'm already thinking of what to do next.  At work I'm able to get used 150amp IGBT's for free, so maybe a
SSTC in the future?

Here is a video I put together of my coil, it's pictures and some video mixed in.  I'd really like to hear from
any southern coilers, seems like most of the activity is on the left-coast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj5a3vuxihQ

CP8071