Re: [TCML] rejected agin :)

Hey Douglas..

generally, an NST core has 4 wires attached to it, 2 of them are the 120V supply to the primary coil(s), these are the thicker wires coming off of the heavy windings of the transformer ( these attach to the 2 smaller insulators, unless you have a single insulator with 2 attach points for 120V). Sometimes there is a ground wire attached to the case of the trasformer. The 2 very fine wires coming off of the secondary sides of the transformer are the high voltage output leads, sometimes these very fine wires are attached to short leads ( which are a bit thicker but not by much) that run to the larger insulators on the NST case. Generally, an NST will have 3 windings on it, a single primary ( on the center transformer core column) and 2 secondary windings ( 1 each on the outer columns of the transformer core). The shunts, if there are some, can be found between the primary winding and the secondary windings.

Scot D

douglas smith wrote:

OK when i was unpotting nst the insides fell out and broke the small secondary wires,  no tell tell signs of where they might be reconnected i think the big ones go to outside terminals but can anyone tell me where the small secondary wires go to    I'm at an standstill   help
 thanks Doug