Re: [TCML] NST shunt removal

Hey alex

I have a 12/60 transformer. I bought it in perfect condition and because I
wanted more power, I decided to remove the tar to get to the shunts. I am
currently in that process. I tried melting the tar and it didn't go to well. My
parents didn't really like it. BTW I'm 14.  So right now its sitting in a  big
box of kerosene. It has been about 3 weeks and its working ok. It still has
someway's to go though. If you do plan on doing this (im not saying its easy to
 do), but melting it in kerosene or mineral spirits is the safest way to go,
however slow it may be. Don't use gasoline.
Email me off list and I can send you some pictures or something if you
really like.

good luck,
Amir
14