[TCML] Bart's new coil, was Re: Safety gap, secondary coil, and coil mounting

In a message dated 6/15/08 11:25:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Here's a pic of the SISG coil I'm working on

>which shows this coating on one of my secondaries.

>http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20014.JPG

    Looking good, Bart! I like your method of  primary support.
    Is that a strike rail or a crash bumper? ;)

    IMHO you've got some uncomfortably close wiring on  your rectifier and
SISG (maybe it's just the way the photos are taken?):

    _http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20002.JPG_
(http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20002.JPG)

    And why the shunt across one rectifier leg  here?:

    _http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20006.JPG_
(http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20006.JPG)

    This is an interesting pic - both old school and  new school together!
Why the extra holes in the rotor? Have you experimented  with offset electrodes?
Where are the static electrodes?:

    _http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20009.JPG_
(http://www.classictesla.com/sisg/SISG1%20009.JPG)

-Phil LaBudde

Center for the Advanced Study of Ballistic  Improbabilities