RE: [TCML] Terry Filter MOV heat

Absolutely NOT normal.  Hot means that the string of MOV's is conducting current, which should not happen unless an overvoltage situation is occurring.  But even more troubling is your report that only some of the MOV's are getting hot and not others.  That's like saying that only some Christmas tree lights are lit in a series string.  Either they should all be hot, or they should all be cool.  Is it possible that some of the MOV's (the cool ones) are fried, and shorted?  I suggest checking each with an Ohm meter.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA