Re: [TCML] New Coil Pics

Mike,

Beautiful coil! Thanks so much for the pics! Certainly at outside coil!

Since your using a wonderful looking ribbon primary, if you don't mind, can you let me know some data on it? Like tap position, dimensions, etc. If you have measured inductance values, that would be great also.

Take care,
Bart

MIKE BAILEY wrote:
Just wanted to show some pics of my new coil , and to thank everyone on the list for answering my questions and offering me advice. I still need to build a toroid for it and a few other little things like a larger variac for one and some PFC caps . the specs are 6 MOT power supply, no ballast, I have built a slide choke but have not used it yet MMC 100nF tank ( 216 CD942 caps) ARSG (16 -1/4"brass electrodes on a 10 aluminum disk 2-1/4 brass stationary electrodes) 12" secondary 1000 turns awg18
  corona ring made from 4" aluminum duct
  Primary coil 12 turns of spring bronze weather stripping
22 amp variac ( I run it around 30 amps ) safety gap across outputs
  120 volt 60 amp input variac
max arc from corona ring is about 5 feet to grounded rod , I have only been able to run it in my garage so far , maybe this weekend I will run it outside if the weather is nice and I get the topload done.
  Here is the link for the pics , any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated
  Thanks again everyone http://www.geocities.com/m.bailey@xxxxxxxxxx/
Mike Bailey