RE: [TCML] Semi-scheduled down time

> At one point I did actually have a deep cycle rv/marine
> battery connected
> but the battery died after about a year or two for some reason.

If you're going to use an automotive/marine type battery on a UPS, be
aware that the float charging voltage for most UPS batteries is a bit
higher than the recommended float voltage for auto/marine batteries.
You must reduce the float voltage from the UPS or the auto/marine
battery will have a rather short life, a year or two at best.

73,

Ralph   W5JGV - WD2XSH/7