Re: [TCML] mots in series

Neal,
     You connect the cores and ground them, this gives you 4 kV center
tapped grounded, just like an NST.  To extend the stack further, you
attach the high voltage outputs to the cores of two more MOTs.  You must
phase the primaries properly or you will get no more than a few hundred
volts, you figure out how to do this properly by experimentation (wire
them up, if it doesn't make arcs, flip the primaries of one MOT.  You
ground the cores to an RF ground just like an NST.  the best method to
getting larger stacks is to make and test pairs of MOTs with cores tied
together, leave the first pair connected in the manner, disconnect the
cores of the second pair and hook them to the hot outputs of the first
pair, if you get no sparks reverse all the primaries of the second
pair.  You continue to do this for each additional pair (do not exceed 8
pairs!)  Good luck, sometimes MOTs can be finicky (but you cannot beat
the price!)

Scott Bogard.